Converted from a Victorian police station and courthouse, Gainsboroughs 'Old Nick' Theatre is home to Ghosts and memories of a bygone era. Paranormal Activity, Hauntings and strange phenomena have been reported by its many visitors. Still boasting its original cells, (only available on ghost hunts) this enchanting theatre was once the arena for justice in Gainsborough.
When the lights go out and its total darkness are you brave enough to conduct your own ghost hunting investigation in this most haunted and most notorious of ghostly locations?
This location is now home to Gainsborough Theatre Company, ‘Old Nick Theatre’ but its not only the players that tread the boards here, this is also home to many a ghost from way back when many ended up as resident, guilty or not sometimes and for both serious and petty crimes.The Theatre has along history and equally long is its association with haunting and paranormal activity.We want you to be ghost hunters in this fabulous location and seek out all that ‘goes bump in the night’ you will have all areas access including the cells; these cells are only available to ghost hunters on organised events.Many that have visited have reported strange feelings and some have actually lost objects personal to them only to be found later in a different place, strange smells are common throughout the building and some have reported a large shadowy figure walking the corridors of justice.This building has played an important part of Gainsborough’s history, dispensing justice the only way it knew and theirs no doubt that those that came before the authorities long ago may still be serving a sentence to this day.
Objects have disappeared and turned up elsewhere. With moving Shadows and tense and heavy athmospheres felt, it is no surprise that some people have run out of the buiding in fear. Noises are heard and also shuffling as well. On April 2013 visit we had a farmer from the land before the Old Nick called Ian and he did excellent table tipping and also made the smell of manure whenever he was around. In the Theatre itself and the judges room, a spirit of a judge made excellent tapping sounds.
In the cells footsteps were heard and scratching noises.
Your event will include
* An overnight investigation with the Prestige Paranormal investigation team
* Welcome meeting
* Refreshments and snacks during the night- which includes, tea coffee juices, hot chocolate, flapjacks, brownies, muffins, chocolate bars and sausage rolls.
* Mediumship /Historical walkaround
* Mediumship vigil- Dowsing rods, pendulums, psychometry experiments, singapore experiment using music/sounds from days gone by.
* Victoriana vigil- Ouija Board (optional) glass divination, table tipping.
* Equipment vigil - emf (k2) meters, laser thermometers, laser grid pens, motion sensors, super hearing enhancers, franks box, light intensity meter.
* Lone vigils, some locations allow lone vigils, where you can go off on your own with our equipment and explore.
* Group vigil, If no lone vigil is allowed, we will hold a mass group vigil at the end. Or we could hold both lone and group depending on time.
* Debriefing session at the end.